Friday 15 November 2013

More Stowaways.... Published Cambridge News 7 December 2013


More Stowaways

The dog’s been loaded into the back
Attentive eared he awaits his walk
Packed in are boots and sticks and  mac
Beseeching eyes have mine besought
I’m ready to leave,  but my mind is abstracted

When gradually I become distracted
By an unusual sound demanding attention
While my hand is hovering on the ignition
The car is not running so it can’t be the engine
It’s a sort of sotto vocce whirring
Its lucky I haven’t started the car
And better still have not gone far
The boot of the car is contentedly purring
Its passengers are most  bizarre
Around the dog’s legs his cat is curling
  



1 comment:

  1. I've heard of a "purring engine" and a " Tiger in the tank " but this puts them all in one ! Lovely photo at the end - the dog evidently expects his stowaway to go with him . .

    ReplyDelete