Monday 20 May 2013

Parking Lot - published Cambridge News 29 May 2013

Parking Lot

I know just where I parked my car
I left it in a handy spot
Somewhere in this parking lot
It really can't be far
Row B or C, or maybe D
I'll walk along the cars and look
Its tucked into a little nook -
Possibly it might be G...
The colour is  metallic grey
But there's silver ones in every bay
It does seem that so many cars
In this tasteful shade are sprayed.
Row on row and line on line
I peer from side to side each way
But of my car I see no sign
I scan them all from right to left
Without my car I feel bereft
I cruise them all from left to right
I gaze at every car in sight
I fear I could be here all night

And now I'm lost
I feel a fool
I know my car's parked
In this pool

1 comment:

  1. Lovely poem and so true. I can never find my car either!

    ReplyDelete