Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year..... Published Cambridge News 3 January 2014



Happy New Year

At the New Year the time has arrived
To make our lists of resolutions
Of all those efforts we've contrived
And plan our innovations
Now that Jan 1st has come
With past bad habits we've now done
Not to drive to work each day
But put on our trainers and jog all the way
Work off the backlog of Christmas excess
And make of our job a resounding success
In this new evolution...
To stop eating chocolate
And go to the gym
Not stay up too late
And keep healthy and trim
We will give up the smoking
And give up the drinking
On maturer reflection
It might be much simpler
Just to stop thinking

Remembering my mother's prophetic predictions:
She always claimed that the road to hell
Is paved with good intentions
Oh well - what the hell.....





3 comments:

  1. How true. Hope you had a wonderful xmas and the year ahead is a happy and healthy one for you and your family. Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could, I'd be so much healthier....... Great poem Carolyn.
    Heather K (Wigney as was)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I could
    I'd be so much healthier
    And of course if I would
    I'd also be wealthier....

    ReplyDelete