Friday 13 September 2013

Dragonflies before your eyes


Dragonflies Before Your Eyes

My garden has two dragonflies
Whizzing to and fro
Sunlight glinting on their wings
With dazzling colour glows
With camera held I’m watching them
To see where they will go.
In silhouette against the sky
First one tries my washing line
On tiptoe I can have a  try
And got a picture just in time.
Then  breath abated I sat and waited
For where the next will settle
A challenging photo this could be
To put me on my mettle
And now at last he’s come to rest
And taken up the perfect pose
Where I can get that picture best
 *
He’s perching neatly on my toes


1 comment:

  1. Photographing dragonflies is so easy : all you have to do is sit and wait and they all come to you !Or ....?The one on your toe is very contented : so much so that it has relaxed its wings into the "obelisk" pose .With breath abated you sat and waited : I know the feeling. Lovely shots .

    ReplyDelete